Persons who work in water conservation demonstration, education, and research are invited to submit requests for proposals (RFPs) for possible grant funding of projects by the HPWD Board of Directors.
Requests are evaluated by an eight member committee, which recommends approval/denial of funding to the Board of Directors. The committee is appointed annually in April.
Past funding has been awarded to projects relating to the Dockum Aquifer, rainwater harvesting, agricultural water conservation, urban water conservation, and groundwater reuse.
2016-2017 Grant Recipients
- Bushland Independent School District.
- Tarleton State University.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension -- Amarillo. ( 2 grants)
- Texas Tech Dept. of Civil, Environmental, & Construction Engineering.
- Texas Tech Dept. of Plant & Soil Science.
- West Texas A&M University.
2015-2016 Grant Recipients
- City of Abernathy.
- Ogallala Commons.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension- Castro County.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension- Amarillo.
- TTU Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- TTU Department of Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering.
- TTU Department of Plant and Soil Science.
- USDA-ARS Conservation and Production Research Laboratory- Bushland.
2014-2015 Grant Recipients
- Texas Tech University Turfgrass Research Study.
- Soil & Water Conservation Funding .