An exempt water well is a well producing 17.5 gallons per minute or less.
Newly drilled exempt wells may be registered prior to drilling. Exempt wells drilled before August 12, 2014 may be registered. Registration protects a well site by providing spacing requirements.
How much does exempt well registration cost?
- A $100 application fee will be associated with the registration process if you do it yourself.
- A $250 application fee will be charged if HPWD staff handles the registration process for you.
What information do I need for registration?
- The latitude and longitude of the well coordinates is required for proper registration.
- Use a Google Map by zooming into the well location
- Right click and select "what's here?"
- The latitude and longitude will appear in a dialogue box at the top of the screen.
- Or use another type of GPS device to pinpoint the coordinates of your well.
How do I submit my registration form?
- Download the form from our website (Exempt Well Registration)
- Fill out the form manually or electronically and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 2930 Ave. Q, Lubbock, Texas 79411
- Once the District receives the well registration form, we will contact you to obtain the payment method.