Skip to main content
Join our mailing list
Additional Outdoor Water Conservation Tips
- Be aware of your local landscape irrigation ordinances, and abide by those guidelines.
- Do not water during or directly after a precipitation event.
- Ensure your irrigation system is off, and outdoor pipes are wrapped during freezing temperatures. Exposed plumbing can crack and leak.
- Install a sprinkler system that throws larger drops of water rather than a fine mist.
- Do not overwater or water too frequently. This not only wastes water but can stress your plants. Deep infrequent watering promotes healthy root growth and drought resilience.
- Use a broom to clean debris off of sidewalks and driveways rather than spraying them with water.
- Consider harvesting rainwater to use in your landscape. This water source is cost-effective and highly beneficial to your plants.