High Plains Underground Water Conservation District (HPWD) is governed by a five-member Board of Directors elected to serve a four-year term by voters in their respective District Director precincts.
Some of the Directors’ responsibilities include: setting District goals, developing a management plan, adopting/approving an annual budget, setting an annual tax rate to fund the budget, and approving water well permits in accordance with District rules.
Director Precincts 3 & 4 will be on the ballot in November 2024.
Map of HPWD Board of Director Precincts
Board candidates must reside within their respective District Director’s Precinct in order to be eligible for the office.
- Precinct 1: The portion of Crosby County within HPWD, all of Lubbock County, and all of Lynn County. (Next election in November 2026)
- Precinct 2: All of Cochran County, the portion of Hockley County within HPWD, and all of Lamb County. (Next election in November 2026)
- Precinct 3: All of Bailey County, the portion of Castro County within HPWD, and all of Parmer County. (Next election in November 2024)
- Precinct 4: The portions of Armstrong, Deaf Smith, Potter, and Randall Counties within HPWD (Next election in November 2024)
- Precinct 5: The portion of Floyd County within HPWD, all of Hale County, and all of Swisher County. (Next election in November 2026)