HPWD BOARD OF DIRECTORS MET APRIL 13 IN LUBBOCK — The HPWD Board of Directors met April 13 in Lubbock to conduct the following business:
- Approved the consent agenda (March 9 2021 minutes, March 2021 Financial Report, and March 2021 Bill Payment List).
- Approved an exception to the District’s water well spacing rules.
- Approved administratively complete water well permit applications.
- Reviewed proposed DFCs for GMA 1 and GMA 2 and Approved Dates For Public Hearings.
- Discussed a Boundary Clarification Request From The Potter-Randall County Appraisal District.
- Received update on HPWD office building improvement and renovations.
The next Board of Directors meeting will be at 1:30 p.m., May 11, 2021, at the HPWD Office, 2930 Avenue Q, in Lubbock . View future agendas and past meeting minutes at hpwd.org/agendas.
VERETT ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM PLAINS COTTON GROWERS — After 24 years of service, Plains Cotton Growers (PCG) Executive Officer Steve Verett is retiring effective June 30, 2021. He has served as the organization’s Chief Executive Officer since 1997 and is only the third person to hold this position since PCG’s creation in 1956. Kody Bessent, PCG’s Vice President of Operations and Legislative Affairs, was named the next Chief Executive Officer. He will begin his duties on July 1, 2021. HPWD congratulates Steve for his dedicated service to agriculture and the cotton industry. We send our best wishes for a happy and healthy retirement. HPWD also congratulates Kody on his new role. We look forward to working with you in the future!