From holiday hams to stocking stuffers, the merriest time of the year isn’t possible without water! If you are still seeking presents for friends and family, here are some of our favorite water-related gifts you can share this holiday season.
- Reusable water bottles: Give the gift of hydration that lasts all year long. Reusable water bottles come in a variety of sizes and prices, so it’s a perfect fit for every budget. This is a great present for all ages, especially teenagers that are in to sports or even just the latest trends.
- Water bottle cleaning tools: While reusable water bottles are great for the environment, not everyone enjoys cleaning them. From dissolving tablets to specialty brushes, there is now an entire market dedicated to helping keep those bottles clean.
- Domestic Water Quality Testing: HPWD recommends that private groundwater wells used for drinking water are tested annually. Help offset the cost of a family member’s annual water quality testing. Stop by your local water testing lab, and ask if they provide gift cards or pre-payment for water quality testing.
- Native and drought tolerant plants: Help your friends and family use less water this summer! Even though winter isn’t the best time to plant perennials, a gift card to a local nursery for drought tolerant plants is a perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
- Succulents: Indoor plants are very popular right now and easy to find. Succulents aren’t just cute, but they are also low maintenance and low water use plants that your friends won’t be able to kill.
- Donation: What do you give someone who has everything? Share your love of water with them by making a donation in their name one of the many water-related nonprofits.
The Texas Water Development Board is celebrating the Gift of Water this holiday season. Join them on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram this month as they share the ways Texas water makes the holidays merry and bright.