High Plains Underground Water Conservation District (HPWD) is now accepting proposals (RFPs) for water conservation research, demonstration, and education project funding.
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, May 3, 2021. They must be submitted using the funding application form found at hpwd.org/research and follow the proposal requirements adopted by the HPWD Board of Directors. These requirements include:
- No more than five (5) pages in length, and single spaced
- An executive summary of the proposal
- Proposed work objectives and expected impact of the research/demonstration being conducted
- Length and timeline of the proposed project.
- List of cooperators and other funding sources for the project
- Proposed budget and budget justification
Email delivery is preferred and applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Each year, HPWD funds a number of research and demonstration projects. We invite those with innovative ideas to submit requests for proposals. Our research and demonstration committee will evaluate each project for possible funding," said General Manager Jason Coleman. The full HPWD Board of Directors normally acts on these proposals at their regular June meeting.
Since 2014, HPWD has provided more than $500,000 in supplemental funding for research, demonstration, and education projects.
Past research and demonstration grant funding projects are available for viewing at www.hpwd.org/research.