The 87th regular session of the Texas Legislature convened at noon on Jan. 12.
Rep. Dade Phelan was elected as the 76th Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives. He succeeds Rep. Dennis Bonnen, who did not seek re-election.
On January 15, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick announced the Texas Senate standing committee appointments for the 87th Legislative Session.
Hearings on proposed groundwater legislation are usually conducted by the Senate Committee on Water, Agriculture & Rural Affairs.
The newly-appointed committee members include:
- Sen. Charles Perry of Lubbock, Chair
- Sen. Drew Springer of Muenster, Vice-Chair
- Sen. Brandon Creighton of Conroe
- Sen. Sarah Eckhardt of Austin
- Sen. Roland Gutierrez of San Antonio
- Sen. Nathan Johnson of Dallas
- Sen. Lois Kolkhorst of Brenham
- Sen. Beverly Powell of Burleson
- Sen. Larry Taylor of Friendswood
CLICK HERE for the complete list of Senate Committee Appointments.
CLICK HERE for dates of interest for the 87th Texas Legislature.
CLICK HERE to learn how to follow a bill using Texas Legislature Online.